Regular and periodic Aircon Servicing and Maintenance are necessary to ensure that the air you breathe are clean and fresh. In addition, this will prolong the lifespan of your air-conditioning system and equipment. Most importantly, less energy is used to cool and the air, resulting in lower electricity bill.
The following are some of the signs that the aircon system needs an aircon servicing:
- Stuffy air
- Constricted air flow
- Foul smelling air
- Fungi growth
- Rising energy bill
- aircon leaking water & dripping
The next step is to decide on which one of the following service to choose:
- General Aircon Service (also known as Normal Cleaning or Washing)
- Chemical Wash Service (choose either Chemical Wash or Chemical Overhaul)
The key differences are:
General Aircon Service
- Frequency of service usually every 3 months for Homes & monthly for Commercial establishments
- No need for pumping up / pumping down the refrigerant (aircon gas)
- Onsite servicing (i.e. no dismantling of the fan coil unit)
- Use of vacuuming and brushing to removed dirt & contaminants
- The fan coil cover and air filter screen are removed and washed with water
- Cleaning involve only the areas exposed when fan coil cover and air filter screen are removed
- Cleaning with water only. No chemicals are used
- Require only 20 to 30 minutes to service each fan coil unit – faster and cheaper.
However, General Aircon Service is not for systems with more serious problems.
Chemical Wash Service (Chemical Overhaul)
- Frequency of service usually every 6 - 12 months for Homes & higher frequency for Commercial establishments
- The cleaning process is more time-consuming and requires higher technical competency as compare to Normal AC Service
- The fan coil unit is removed from the wall or ceiling, and dis-assembled into its component parts
- Eventually need to re-assemble and fix the unit back
- Will require pumping down / pumping up of the refrigerant (aircon gas)
- Chemicals are used to clean and remove the stain, dirt and fungi growth on all the surfaces and parts dis-assembled. Chemicals used are either alkaline or acidic based
- Use of water to thoroughly rise off parts and surfaces chemically cleaned and treated thereafter
- The job is usually best done offsite, i.e. the whole fan coil unit is removed from the wall or ceiling to facilitate thorough cleansing with chemicals
- Takes relatively longer, close to an hour to complete for each fan coil unit & thus 4 to 6 times costlier as compared to General AC Service
However, Chemical Wash Service (Chemical Overhaul) is deemed necessary as it can resolve the more serious issues like foul smell, thick fungi, air not cold, serious aircon water leaking or dripping, ice formation on the condenser or evaporator coil, etc.
Read more about the Difference between General AC Service and Chemical Overhaul
For most Home Multi-Split Systems, you may need one or more of the following AIRCON SERVICING:
INDOOR UNIT (FAN COIL UNIT or “FCU”)
- Normal Servicing - Recommended once every 3 months
- Chemical Wash – Needed when the indoor unit blows out foul air and air flow restricted (onsite service)
- Chemical Overhaul – Needed in more severe case of foul air, fungi growth, restricted air flow, water leakage, In this case, the indoor unit is removed & dis-assembled to facilitate a thorough chemical cleansing of every surface and parts (offsite service)
OUTDOOR UNIT (CONDENSER UNIT)
- Normal Servicing - Recommended every 3 to 6 months depending on operating environment
- Chemical Cleaning - Recommended once every 12 months to ensure system operating efficiently
Rong Jin Maintenance Services has been making sure that home-owners and business-owners are confident and comfortable with care we provide in cleaning and servicing their air-conditioning equipment for more than a decade. We will do more and no less for your aircon servicing needs.
Our team will arrive punctually and complete the task expeditiously and neatly. Companies and households appreciate and understand this and they can rely on us for the job to be well done.
We are dedicated to making certain all our customers’ air-conditioning systems are in tip-top condition. Our aim is to add you to the growing list of happy satisfied customers.
Home and business air conditioning and cooling systems work best when they are properly maintained & serviced. We offer:
- Reasonable pricing
- Professional and reliable service
- Same day appointment scheduling
- Give us a call NOW to schedule a service call or just a preventive maintenance check! Call +6568172533
We also offer the following services:
- Mon - Sat 9.00am to 5.30pm (excl. PH)
- Best technical and customer service
- Business Registration No. 53019408-B
- Do the job right on the first visit!
- Personalized Service
- Fast, efficient and thorough service
- Call Us Now at +6568172533